Mold Remediation in Historic Salem Home
Ceiling Mold Mitigation | SERVPRO of Washington, DC Before and After Photo
This basement ceiling was covered with mold due to a water leak from the floor above. The smell led us to investigate further once we visited the property. Once the walls were stripped it revealed more of a problem then first anticipated. SERVPRO of Salem, Peabody, Marblehead, Massachusetts was called in to remediate the problem. The priority on any water damage or mold remediation is the health and safety of anyone who is in the work area. SERVPRO of Washington D.C. follows IICRC Standards for setting proper containment, ventilation and air filtration. Once the area was safe to work in, SERVPRO of Washington D.C. technicians put on the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and set to work. We removed the drywall and all effected contents. The exposed boards were treated with an antimicrobial spray to protect against mold reoccurring. Trapped moisture can cause mold to grow in any structure. We commonly encounter mold in damp basements, poorly vented bathrooms, and even in attics. Whether it’s your home, business, or commercial dredge ship, SERVPRO of Salem Massachusetts is equipped to remediate the mold problem.